Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

More job experience for the resume

I bought Mags a toy school bus at the thrift store earlier this week. It's a nice one; all metal, doors open and close, and about, I dunno, 16" long and 6" across? Anyhow, she really loved it, much more than I expected her to. She grabbed her favorite toys du jour - a plastic mama and baby giraffe - and proceeded to have long rambling conversations with them about riding the bus (and probably something in there about the Muppets, too.)

Anyhow, after a while she comes up to me: "Oh no, Mama, oh no!" Lo, the baby giraffe apparently bought a one way ticket into the bus and was now stuck quite convincingly. And as the mama, it was my duty to extract him. It. Whatever. I pried open the wee doors. Of course it had gone in head first and was presenting all four legs. Jamming my fingers into the windows on either side of the bus, I tried to get the giraffe to turn around so that it would come out head first. And then I had a thought: my god. I've turned into a toddler-toy midwife, and my first patient is a breech. I really had to blink a few times to clear the image that brought to mind, and eventually had to pinch all the legs together to get the giraffe out. I'll probably get sued in a malpractice lawsuit - written in crayon - by Raggedy Ann one of these days for that hack job.

Don't worry - I'm not giving up my day job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home