Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, February 26, 2007

An email I sent to my CW teacher

Howdy!

I wasn't sure if you wanted one or both of my poems, so you got both. Lucky you.

I appreciate your comments about looking into getting my second poem published. Yes, I mentally did the happy dance all over the classroom and the entire caltrain ride home after reading your comments. And I have no shame in admitting that I eagerly ripped my daughter's artwork off the fridge so there was room to hang *my* homework. However, I got a bit embarrassed after the fact (not about the fridge); I don't think you're lying or blowing sunshine up my ... err, well, yeah, but its hard to think that something I wrote could actually get published. Sure, I thought it turned out pretty darn good, but published? Makes me a bit self conscious.

That being said, I *will* most likely contact the teacher you recommended come next quarter when she returns. I could use some practice at sticking my neck out and taking chances, and really, if it was liked, I have no problem buying more refrigerators if it *does* get published.

You will, of course, be responsible for the ensuing electric bill if that happens.

Sincerely,
[...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home