Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Good Use for Fat

Not only is my tummy good for injections, it came in awfully hand in belly dancing Wednesday night too!

I was nearly as nervous about trying this new thing as I was getting the injection earlier that day (but not quite.) Plus I was the only new person in class - everyone else had done at least one other session with this teacher - so I felt like I stood out even more than just being at least a head taller than everyone else in the room. But I had fun! Turns out I've got some natural sense of rhythm after all, and was holding my own pretty well. Its more difficult than it looks; lots of finite muscle control of your midsection while your torso stays pretty still, and less about just swinging your hips around wildly (which I managed to slip in as well.) I had to concentrate pretty hard at times, 'cause otherwise I'd just completely lose it and sort of stutter off into the sidelines.

The other women in class are quite friendly and supportive as well, and lo! I'm not the only one with an imperfect body! I dunno that I'd say hips and bellies are exactly encouraged, but they sure had a presence. I'd also say it was quite a workout. We do crunches and stretching as well as just the dancing, and your legs get tired after all the suport they have to supply to the top half of your body in this pseudo-crouch most of the time. Let's jsut say that was one of the better nights sleep I've had in a while.

Only really bad moment was when I was dancing ina line with all the other women and suddenly I had to consider dashing for the bathroom (see previous post about side effects. Big fun.) Managed to not humiliate myself by crapping onthe floor, though, which to bme is a big plus. Whew!

Now time to get a fun hip scarf with lots of jingly coins on it. Every one in class has them, and they really do add somethig cool to the whole effect, both with the noise and the extra bits flicking about as you snap your hips. Hubba hubba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home