Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sold!


(insert shit-eating grin here.)

Remember that dress I made for SVdP? Well, it sold! Someone bought it! Woot! (whatever in the hell that means.)

In fact, it sounds like the whole evening at the auction last Thursday (which I did not attend,) went incredibly well for SVdP. I had emailed a woman who was there asking how it went, and she told me everything that had been made for auction sold, which is HUGE. She also said that with auction proceeds, sponsorships, ticket sales, and raffle sales they are at about $40,000 gross for the event. How cool is that? Sure, they thump bibles and sign every email "Blessings", but they *do* actually do a ton for the homeless in San Francisco. I've been in their food/clothing/handout facility, I've seen the piles of toiletries they give out; they do make a difference to those in need. I'm not sure how much their costs are, but it still sounds like they're gonna way beat their take of $15k last year. I think that's totally cool.

And someone bought my dress! I'm still having trouble with that part! I know I never blogged about the event at the de Young museum; the evening didn't go like I had pictured it, and I actually struggled a lot with parts of it, and was afraid to admit it here on my blog (which I realize defeats a huge part of the reason for HAVING a blog; that'll be another entry some other time.) Fear was also part of the reason I didn't go to the auction last Thursday (bone-crunching fatigue being the other) -- what if no one bought my dress? What if I was standing there and when my dress came up, there was nothing but the sound of crickets in the room? Yeah, that woulda been the end of me.

But someone bought it! I am validated! At least one person a) likes what I do and b) was willing to pay money for it. Damn. In my own tiny, tiny way, I feel like I have Arrived.

Boy, between that news and the handful of Hershey's kisses I just consumed, I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. Which is newsworthy in and of itsself.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I still want one for me--and I'm willing to pay in whatever currency you'll accept--euros, yen, orgasms, etc!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home