Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Honeymoon is Over

No more post-news glow. No more pituitary bliss.

I'd floated for almost the entire past week on a cashmere-lined cloud of perfumed bliss with the news that the doctors had found a cause for a lot (hopefully all) of my problems. But in the past four days, I've been reminded that they are just that: problems. And they've not magically gone away with the news.

The headaches are still there, although not nearly as bad as they've been. I'm still exhausted all the time. I still wake up more times than hours I can actually call sleep at night. Dark, moody clouds hang about my head. I'm falling further and furthewr behind at school, which is just causing me to stress out.

Ugh.

My doc has convinced me to come in and start taking some medecine that should help prevent my symptoms from getting any worse until surgery in 5 weeks. I'd like to say/hope that they will actually start to make some of these problems go away, but I can't rememebr if that's true or not. The downside to this is that a) I'll lose yet another half a day down at Standford to do this because b) this'll require injecting myself 3x a day for the next 5 weeks, and both Husband and I need to learn how to do this. Yeah, I'm beyond not thrilled about this part. Truly. I've given insulin shots to a cat many, many times and lived, but that was a cat. And not me.

My guess is it'll eventually just become such a regular part of my routine that its a total non-issue, but the initial thought of it is making my tummy a bit tight. But if it'll make the headaches stop, and let me get a good nights rest, even just now and then, it'll be worth it.

The freaky dreams have got to stop. They're almost as tiring as just not getting any significant hours strung together! Part of my last dream included being back at CSM and having to build a full scale steam engine, but instead of sheet metal for the skin, we were using aluminum foil. Then of course the train crashed as we were trying to drive it down the street to wherever we were taking it, and we had to start over. Ack!

Saaaay, Burning Man project....?

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my Idea Girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home