Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Only the Strong Survive

My tomato seedlings got sauteed yesterday when it was so hot. And I haven't even planted them outside yet! They're still in an egg carton on my windowsill like a 2nd grade science project. I tried a little mouth-to-mouth on them last night (ok, I watered the ever-loving shit out of them) and all but two seem to have come back from the dead. Amazing! I really thought they were all goners.

I have to water the garden and lawn twice a day with all this ridiculous heat. Everything seems to be coming along nicely, which is pleasing. No dead bits yet. The plants that are hanging upside down are starting to get larger and curl around in confusion looking for 'up'. Even the strawberries are starting to bloom, which is amazing for a plant that wilts at the crack of dawn.

I confess I run outside about 5x a day to a) admire my handiwork and b) see if anything has grown. Yes, that was 'a day'. No pressure, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home