Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Love the Smell of Police First Thing in the Morning!

Husband came back into the house a minute after leaving for work toady. "The police are here. The neighbors car got stolen last night," he said.

"Oh no! That's terrible!"

"Yeah, and ours and the kids next doors car got ransacked."

"Shit! Again? Dammit. Well, at least there was nothing of importance in there... except for... all of the costumes for....the...showohmygodgetoutoftheway!!!"

I bolted outside and sure enough, there was the officer talking to the neighbors. The drivers door and gas door hung open on our car and the trunk was definitely open as well; same for the neighbors. Without touching any of the doors I looked inside, taking inventory on what I could see and trying desperately to remember what I had left inside the day before.

Luckily it appears that all of the costumes are still there, but I am heading over to the theater to drop them of in a minute to take a piece by piece inventory and confirm that, what with the showw starting on Friday and all. And after we had a few run-ins with our car getting rifled through at night, we've been very good to excellent about never leaving anything important in there. Husband did lose a $30 elecro-nerd-gadget thing, and I still have to find my iPod, but I am pretty sure that is at the studio. Will check before I head off to the theater. AT least we still have the CAR, unlike the neighbors. Can't imagine how bad THAT would suck.

Not that they would've gotten far in ours - I was halfway throug the gas light when last I drove it. See?!? It PAS to not always have a full tank of gas!!

P.S. I am very glad that the officer either didn't notice or chose not to say anything about my wildly expired drivers licence when she took my info. That would have been an embarrasing insult to injury on this fine sunny morning.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger jo sparkle said...

so glad to hear yours wasn't stolen! and that your costumes seem to be ok. man, that still sucks though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home