Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Actually, she's got a point...

Mags and I went for a walk to Sequoia Station last night (it's our neighborhood strip mall slash train station.) We checked out the trains for a while, split a pretzel from Jamba Juice, and basically strolled around to see what there was to see.

At one point, Mags stopped walking and scrunched up her face as she read one particular store's illuminated sign. She read each letter aloud as she pointed at it (genius!) and when she was done, she turned to me. "What does that say, mama?" she asked me. "That says 'Dress Barn'" I answered.

A frown appeared on her forhead. She turned back to the sign, stared at it briefly, looked back at me with a total WTF? look on her face and incredulously said,"Huh?!?"

Like life isn't already confusing to a two-year old. Then they come up with names like 'Dress Barn', and leave me hanging out in the cold to try and explain it (seriously -- a grown-up came up with this name?!?) So, I did my best: well Mags, when a man and woman love each other very much....then the earth goes around the sun, see...pulled by eight tiny reindeer.....but I don't think it helped. So I gave up and we went home to have some hot cholcolate. That didn't require any explaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home