Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oh Yeah...Her.

Remember Heathen, of the "I have other commitments, you know!!" fame? The "I'll have the last of the money to you by Friday?" persuasion?

Anyone here surprised to find out that check didn't show up by Friday? Or Saturday or Sunday, for that matter? Yeah, me either.

So that following Monday - actually the day before my surgery - Husband and I drove to her place of employment to ask for payment in full. She is a bank teller, which translates into a nice, public forum. I have to admit, I was incredibly worked up and nervous - I hate anything that comes close to confrontations - but I would be damned if I was gonna get stiffed for this gig.

Unfortunately, she was not at her window. I asked a nice woman at the loans desk - most definitely someone with seniority over you-know-who - where she might be, and she guessed she was probably at lunch. Was there any way she could help me? Thank you, but this was a personal issue. She offered to call down to the lunch room, and you could just tell she was dying of curiosity. Husband and I sat ourselves down in lobby chairs near her desk. You could just tell we were eavesdropping on her conversation.

"Hi, is Heathen down there? Thanks. (pause) Hi, Heathen, this is so and so. Listen, there's someone by the name of [me] here to see you. She says its personal."

Extremely long pause. How I would've loved to have seen her face.

"Ok, I'll let her know. (click) She says she'll call you later."

So, with knowing grins, we thanked the woman who had broken out in a rash restraining herself and headed for the door. Any call that night? Oh, hell no. Any contact at all? Oh hell no.

But, the following Saturday, an envelope did appear in our box. Lo! A check from Heathen in the amount of....$50?!? (groan.) Well, I guess its better than nothing. Nor am I gonna let her slide on the rest of it. Will be firing off another email after I wrap this up wanting to know when I should be expecting the rest of the payment in full. Think I won't show up an you office now, biatch?

Boo ya!

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a ho.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! You should get a friend to go to her house posing as a collection's agent. Heh. Or sue her in small claims court. It will cost you a little money to file and might be a little pain to get the case together but she will probably cough up the money as soon as she gets the summons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home