Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So Much to Say

But have yo even noticed that when you get backlogged on updates, you find you have less to say about them? And being creative and witty? Right out the window, I'm afraid.

But, for those actually interested in an update, I'll do my best:

Medication - My injecto-drugs showed up the morning we were leaving to go to the ranch for Memorial Day weekend. I took them for the first time that evening (thursday,) and 2x a day as prescribed after that.

I was miserable.

After the shot, I'd have to lie down for at least 45 minutes until the nausea passed. Diarhhea? Check. Headaches? Ayup. Dry heaves? Sometimes. Woozy? And then some. Bloaty and gassy? Look out. Low grade nausea all day? How lucky for me. Sulfur burps? Sign me up. By Monday, I was crying with frustration. The shots were a non-issue as many had told me and I suspected would happen, but it was harder and harder to give them to myself for the growing dread that would surface every time I sat down with my syringe. Really, I have no idea how people deal with morning sickness or chemo treatments. After a week of this, I was a wreck.

Luckily there was an email waiting from my doc when we got home. He asked how it was going, and boy, did I tell him. I even asked him about the possibility of moving the surgery date up. He suggested splitting the injections up into 3x a day and smaller quantities to see how that worked, and if it still completely sucked, then to just stop taking it. Thankfully, it seems to have done the trick. The nausea is all but gone, and everything else has mostly gone too. Much more doable these days. The next two weeks should be no problem (knock, knock.)

Nice knowing I'm in no danger of colon cancer while on these meds, too.

School - Only one week left.

..........

Actually, I'm gonna have to come back to this -- sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home