Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I *Kinda* Feel Bad, But Not Really

I'm continuing to troll CL for more costumign jobs. Yes, I still have my design gig in Palo Alto, but that'll be over mid-May (always looking for the next job; an unfortunate side effect of being in costumes.)

Stumbled across another desn posting for Up and Coming Theater. And guess who? My friend the preschool teacher again! Still plugging away at trying to find someone to come in and work for $50. The posting is a bit more up front this time, but still not entirely. 9 hours of work, plus you have to make the costumes on your own time. Still no mention of the not-exactly-a-real-theater environment, though.

This is at least the 3rd posting for this job that's gone up since I interviewed. Today was the first time she's said a portfolio isn't necessary. The desperation is starting to show a bit, and its a little sad to watch. But not entirely sad as she has such completely unrealistic expectations. That part is almost more painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home