Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Almost Afraid to Say It Out Loud

Dear Universe,

Please don't jinx me for telling people about that (gulp) new job I landed last night. You know the one - the COSTUME DESIGNER position for that theater down the peninsula? I know, I know, I can hardly believe it either! I am truly afraid that if I talk about it too much it will deflate and there'll be nothing there. Please Universe, help a sister out with this one, ok?

But they've already sent me the scripts to start reading over, so I guess I am really and truly in. What a bizarre combination; feeling like I am floating out of my body and screaming through the atmosphere with happiness, fighting with the weight of terror weighing me down in my stomach. Yay, I've arrived! and, holy crap! what have I just gotten myself into?!?

I'm not even mad at you for getting such a crappy night's sleep last night. Hell, being that excited, anyone would've been tossing and turning. Frankly its the best reason I've had in years for sleeping like ass. (But a good 6-7 straight hours tonight would be appreciated. Thanks.)

Did you think it was funny last night when I actually wished I had Tw1tter, just so I could tell the world about my good news? Yeah, that was probably one of the only times I'll ever wish that, but I think it was a pretty good reason. And walking home seemed to only take about 10 seconds. Had to do it, too. There was no way I could've sat still in a car. Was vibrating waaay too much.

Oh, and I want to thank you for not having me dribble indian food on myself before the interview, or show up with, say, an entire bunch of spinach stuck in my teeth. I really appreciated that. Really. The make up looked pretty good too, huh? And he didn't even see to mind the bright orange corduroy pants I was wearing. I think I'm gonna like working with these folks.

Anyhow, its you and me, right, Universe? Working together? Helping each other out? I'm counting on you for this one. I'll figure out a way to make it up to you. I promise.

Talk to you later -
Me

P.S. Did I mention I liked how you decorated last night? That thing with the stars and the full moon? That was genius. And I'm not just saying that.

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH! Holy cow! That's friggen awewome! When do you start? CONGRATS!!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

Awesome!!! Um, they know about your upcoming totally awesome girls' vacation right???

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger mama pajama said...

Yes, yes they do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home