Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When It Rains...?

I actually had to turn down a job today. Granted, it was for the well-intentioned but *slightly* unrealistic pre-school teacher from last week. She actually called me Monday evening and left a message, but, ooops! I was at another job interview. Who knew?

Really though, I was just dragging my feet in responding; I'm not known for my skill in turning people down or saying no. Usually my MO is more ignore-the-problem-until-they-give-up-and-go-away. Trying to break that cycle, though.

Lucky for me she emailed and gave me an easy out that way. I could politely turn down the offer AND not have to do it face-to-face (or at least over the phone,) plus it let me use the left-my-phone-at-home excuse, too. Thought about using the haven't seen-my-phone-in-days excuse, but I figured she wouldn't buy that -- even if it is often the truth on this end.

Anyhow, uncomfortable situation dodged, maturity avoided, refusal given, better job obtained. Wins all around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home