Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Offspring Story of the Day

Wow. I just got the smack-down from my 5 year old!

Mags and I were driving around today on what was turning into a very long errand. As we were driving around trying to find the store, Mags piped up from the back:

Mags: We're just driving around doing nothing. And we shouldn't be doing that. 'Cause you know why? Today is Earth Day! And we're supposed to be taking care of Mother Earth, Mom. But we're not! We're just driving around doing nothing!
Me: Uh huh.
Mags: Its a special day, mom! And you're not doing anything! In fact, you're being bad!
Me: What, because I'm driving the car?
Mags: Yeah! You're... you're trashing the earth, mom!!

I missed the part of the weekly school itinerary where it listed 'practice irate tree-hugging Northern Californian sing-a-long'. Oh, here it is, right under 'Commie Pinko Liberal Hide and Seek' and next to 'painting a rainbow flag for arts and crafts'. Love my school! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home