Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Eagle 2 Has Landed

Technically though, I think she's #3. Em arrived a few short hours ago. Minnie and I limped out with her - our legs are bloody stumps after another marathon sight-seeing day - and celebrated her 30th birthday at yet another ridiculously charming and tasty local restaurant. We drank and laughed and drank some omre, and then I got complimented on my Italian!! (thud) It was a fantastic night!

We meet the last wave of attendees tomorrow noonish, are then off to our rented villain Tuscany (can I just say I feel slightly ridiculous and pretentious saying that, yet am so looking forward to it?!?) I have been studying the drivers here and feel confident that I can drive just fine here, as the only rule I have seen observed is just don't hit anybody. Check.

Saw a cop chase and fire fighters put out a car fire today. Am hoping I do not see anything involving an ambulance on this trip, as knowing my luck I'd probably end up being the passenger. (Dear universe, we can skip the ambulance ride, ok?)

Plenty going on, many wonderful things seen. Just not spending a lot of time near a computer, and frankly donĂ t really want to. Have already taken almost 8GB worth of photos though. Its only been two days. Dear god. I'm not even done uploading the Russia pictures yet...

Note for any future travellers to Rome_ skip the colluseum. Seriously. The audio tour is very detailed, but pretty much what you see is what you get. No extra hidden easter eggs for seeing it live versus every photo you've ever seen. And much less crowded to lookat photos in a book. Also, travelling inApril is great for the temperature, but the city is over-run with high schoolers on spring break with their classes. Dear god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home