Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

In Other Costume Related News

Went in for the first reading down in PA today. Met the director, the other writer, and the cast. Embarrassingly I was late, but luckly not the lat-EST (had some trouble trying to find not only parking but the correct building on campus. Yikes!)

Everything went really well, and it was great to hear the script read out loud. Really makes it 10x better for me. I always had trouble in english classes and whatnot back in the day. I can never get the full impact from just reading a play. I don't get the inflictions and such, and I feel like the stories always suck. The stories were not the be-all-end-all with today's read through, but they were loads better and, lo! actually contained funny parts as well. Who knew? I just though they were painful!

My first set of sketches for one of the two plays is due this Wednesday. Luckily its the simpler of the two in that it takes place in present day, but there's still a bit of a challenge (in my mind, anyhow) in making the characters not look like they could have just stepped on stage out of the audience. Plus, I pay no attention to modern fashion. I think its all pretty ridiculous. Actually need to grab some magazines tpo make sure the ideas I have are at least in the ballpark. Anyhow, I expect there will be somre revisions when I show her my sketches, bu tthat is to be expected. Am looking foreward to designing the other show more; while its not a period piece, it is also supposed to be of no particular time/era, including somewhat now. And there's a specific color scheme. I feel like I can be somewhat more creative here as opposed to just rfling throug someone's closet and making them wear it on stage.

Oh, and I found out what my budget for costumes will be. While its not a hollywood budget, and I'm still a pretty frugal shopper, let's just say I'm not worried that I'm going to run out of money. Wow. I am loving the idea that shopping is part of my job description! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home