Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Opinion, Please!

Ok, running to Kinkos every time I need to update my resume or my portfolio is turning into an ENORMOUS pain in my ass, and I am SO OVER IT. (Of COURSE the font I like is not on my home comuter!) Its chewing up stupid amounts of money AND is wasting a LOT of my time.

Time for an actual business website. You know, something with all of my work posted on it (as opposed to links to random pictures on Flickr) and my resume, which I can update at the touch of a button (in my HOUSE!)

Question is now, what do I call the website? Something straightforward like: Costumesby[name].com? Or something more witty? Or hip? This is the part I'm not good at. Especially not while still being crazy jet lagged, wildly distracted by the current show, or recovering from mom-in-law's low-drama-but-still-whirlwind visit over the past week.

So, give me ideas! What to do you think would be catchy? Or clever? Is starightforward best? Help!

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous minnie said...

i vote for simple and practical.

how about bayarecostumedesign.com

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous zombiegrrrl said...

I also vote for simple. Most designers that I read about are known by their names, not a brand or something pithy. Something as simple as [firstlastname]designs.com might be sweet. Or just [firstname]designs.com.

Minnie's suggestion is also good but could limit you geographically down the road, but that may not matter. It has the advantage of being something someone might just happen upon during a g00gle search.

I also stuck with designs instead of costumedesigns so as to not limit you that way either in case you broaden the scope of your work.

Of course, you could also pick a couple of domains and have them all point to the same content. :)

I'm helpy! :P

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KISS.
Simple is better than cute.
Trademarking something with your name in it is easier.
KT

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

Normally I like catchy, but I have to go with the others here. Agree with zombiegrrrl about not putting your region in, just in case you leave the Bay Area some day (all I'm saying is that there are multiple crazy shows every day in Moscow) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home