Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Frustrated

If my dress form had a face, that's where my punch would've landed.

As it is, my fist just kinda bounced off her upper chest (I'm not stupid enough to punch the metal pole holding her upright.) I dunno that anyone saw me do it, but the noise did riccochet through the classroom pretty impressively. Nor did she fall to the canvas, which I was both happy about and even more frustrated by. Stupid fucking dress form.

She's not even the *right* dress form. Mine has gone missing for two weeks. Every time I mention it to my teacher, she always says, "Oh, I just saw it in room blah blah blah last period," and then I go and look for it - sometimes twice just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious and making a fool of myself - and its never there. Last week she even went to go look, and lo! it wasn't there. Then everyone asks me "Well are you sure you're looking for the right one?" "Maybe she's not a size 10, maybe she's an 8." Well, fuck you all. I know that its supposed to be a size 10 labeled Jane, because I spent an entire class period three weeks ago mumbling "me Tarzan, you Jane." AND because I WROTE IT DOWN.

I spent most of last week running around trying to find this dress form, because you're always supposed to use the same form because they're all made by hand, so there is variations even between all the size 10s, or 8s. or whatever. When fit is important, the dress form is important. But seeing as how this assignment is due TOMORROW, I made due with a fairly-similar-I-no-longer-care size 10 named Bahama Mama, or something like that.

So, I'm trying to drape what appears to be a really simple dress. Strapless, floor-length, something you'd see in a wedding dress magazine. Then why did I punch Booty Baby, you ask? Well, because there are three soft folds/pleats across the bust that are giving me fits. I have asked the teacher for help on this part twice today alone, and I still literally reached the point where my eyes were tearing up with frustration. And punching a defenseless dress form. I am an extremely talented girl! I am smarter than this motherfucking dress!

All I want to do is go home, sleep, have today's migraine magically disappear and possibly not go to class tomorrow. Fuck, I don't want to be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home