Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Round Three


Goddamn, this is just the cold that would not die! I can feel it coming back, making my throat sore, my nose run, my ears hurt and just dragging me down in general. Enough already!

No, I've not been to a doctor, because it'll take a few days to get an appontment anyhow, he'll say "Yep, you're sick," which I already knew, and then he might prescribe something that may or may not make any difference at all, Not enough incentive to chop several hours out of one of my precious days off. Just wish I wasn't relapsing during finals.

I originally got this cold about a month ago. I'm pretty sure I picked it up from merely reading Mer's blog about how *her* whole family was laid low by it, although I'm willing to entertain the slim chance it came home from daycare. Ah, the joys of a full-blown sinus infection, and the non-stop snarking sound that accompanies that. So attractive! It flared back up again when zombiegrrl was in town, although she claims that *I* gave it to *her* (some women and their revisionist history -- what can you do?) Let's just say you could've gone golfing with my tonsils (preferably after removing them first.)

But this last round? Oh, it was delivered on the wings of an angel. You should have been there. My own, sweet Mags, held aloft in my arms. Her hands sweetly cup my cheeks. Her eyes gaze into mine. She gently presses down on my chin, and I soften my jaw to open my mouth. She leans in, love shining from her eyes, and I relax into what I am certain will be a big smooch from my loving daughter.

And then she promtly - and very deliberately - hacked an enormous cough directly into my mouth.

Mer was there; she can attest to this entire scene. That is, if she could stop laughing long enough. Seems she's developed a bad case of schadenfreude.

Maybe she should see a doctor about that.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schadenfreude. Good word!

I finally gave in and went to the doc last week. She gave me anti-biotics and while I'm still a bit phlemy, I'm MUCH better. I recommend it. I think this particular thing takes an anti-biotic to knock it out.

Do it! :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true! It was hillarious! She just opened your mouth, leaned in, and coughed into your mouth. I laughed until I cried!

I hope you feel better soon. If it makes you feel any better (or you want someone to blame) LM is also sick! Coughing like a maniac!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home