Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Confession, Parts a), b) and c)

I opened most of Mags' birthday presents when she wasn't around.

In my defense, they were a) all from my mom, b) they were all clothes, and c) my mother literally sent 20 gifts. And while a) they were all really nice, b) we now have Mags' entire summer wardrobe and c) Husband eyed me accusingly through the entire process, I really don't need to have a child who thinks she's going to/deserves to get 30+ total gifts every birthday, especially a 3 year old.

So until such time as my daughter catches on, I'm squeezing all I can out of the fact that a) balloons, b) cupcakes with sprinkles and c) other 3 year olds are still the coolest things about having a birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home