Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 06, 2007

A Long Day

Whew. Its all of 930 at night, and I am so ready for bed. I even had a 2 hour nap today, and I'm still fairly wrecked. Mags just went to sleep (without a hassle, thankfully,) and what I really should be doing is working on my homework that's due Monday, or the speech I need to write to test out of taking my Effective Speaking class that's due Thursday, fix the zipper on the St. V de P dress that's due on Thursday, or the sewing project I just got hired to do that's due next Sunday, or load the dishwasher, or do a load of laundry, or, or ....

But I'm wiped. Mags' day care was closed today, so we were joined at the hip today. All in all, the day went fine. She drove with me to pick up the table and chairs set that is now en route to the ranch with Husband and brother-in-law (testosterone weekend with a bunch of the guys. Me and Mags are free souls this weekend. Read: I could use some babysitting.) Then she hung out quite patiently - no pun intended - while I went back to Stanford for a follow up exam. We took some breaks, had a cookie and played in the fountain between hanging out in the waiting room, chatting with The Doctor and getting more blood drawn. Then home for naps, baking Husband's birthday cake, off to Fresh Choice for dinner, bath and bed. A pretty good day. Its just that, on days like today, where I am on duty all day, I get fuck all accomplished for myself, much less any down time, and I really struggle with that. Maybe it wouldn't chafe so much if I didn't have myself in constantly overloaded mode, but that's where I am right now. And as you can see, when 'me' time doesn't start until after 9 pm, not much gets accomplished.

Actually, I think I *will* make a few phone calls and see if I can't get tomorrow evening off so I can sit down and get some uninterrupted work done. What with Husband gone for the weekend and daycare closed ALL OF NEXT WEEK, I'm this side of full-blown panic (as opposed to Thursday night, that was full blown panic, and warrants its own entry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home