Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Idea!

I was at one of my favorite stores yesterday - SCRAP in San Francisco - and was struck by inspiration. One of the myriad of types of materials donated there are vinyl banners, kind of like you see covering billboards, or the outsides of buildings or somesuch. The ones I found were smaller; more the "Welcome to Downtown", hanging from a lightpost sized variety. They're super multi-colored, crazy funky, and durable as all hell. Might be a *bit* stiff, but I don't care. I went ahead and bought them because a) I have decided to focus on just making garments from recycled fabrics/materials, b) this just screamed raincoat to me, and c) they were only $2 each, so even if I never get around to it (ahem,) I'm only out $6 total. Whoo hoo! And, everything you buy at SCRAP is considered a donation, and is tax-deductable! Wow, justification city, here I come!! Oh, and if my custom, recycled clothing line ever happens, I'm thinking about calling it "Againables". I like the way it sounds.

Now, to add 'design raincoat' to my to-do list. :)

Double oh! Check it out! The banner is a huge EYEBALL! Hahahahaha! Perfect! I thought it might be, but it wasn't really visible until I took the picture. Even standing there with the camera to my eye, I didn't see it! Brilliant! I bought three huge eyeball banners! Can I maybe use them as part of a structure at BM before chopping them up into little raincoat sized pieces? Hmmmm....

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. Aren't you supposed to STOP adding things to that list???

"Changed patterns of serum cortisol levels have been observed in connection with ... psychological stress..."

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo awesome. i have a couple fo bags that are made from old billboard material and i love them. a raincoat would ock with some nice soft lining.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger mama pajama said...

See, now I have to make a *new* idea! post and include bags. Damn your black soul, Minnie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home