Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Being Around Paula is Painful

Whew!

This past Sunday I shot some maternity/pregnancy photos for the Pretty Pregnant Paula and her partner Roo. It was a fun experience, made me use my brain, and I think we got some good shots out of the afternoon.

Problem is, I realized that there are certain aspects of photography that are not designed for tall people. I used a tripod so that everything would be level and (hopefully) in focus, but that meant that every shot I was hunched over with my shoulders all squished up so I could pee with havnig to straddle a coffeeer into the viewfinder on the camera. Gaa! Combine that with also spending some of that hunched over time spent straddling a coffee table (their apartment is quite small,) well, let's just say I was in need of a massage when that was done.

Instead, last night I went back out to Pacifica to train in the gym below their place. That's right, Roo is a personal trainer and has offered to help me get back in shape. So for about an hour last night, he put myself and two other clients through circuit training. Today? Walking; not so much. Bending; not so much. Lifting; not so much. Actually, I'd have to say Roo is quite good at what he does; very energetic, upbeat, gives you variety, and does a good job of figuring out what your personal limits are (while I definitely hurt today, it could be so much worse. I'm very sore, but not incapacitated. Mostly.)

So, lesson learned from this weekend: stay away from Paula and her ilk. Owwie. Sting-y.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something to consider for the bendy-over the camera part -- something like this:

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16789

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

I want to see pictures. And even if you think your posts are rambling and boring, I certainly enjoy reading them and knowing what's going on in the lives of my friends back in the bay. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home