Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thank You, Gov'nor

I did something shockingly smart yesterday evening. As I sat at my sewing machine around 10 pm nodding off, I realized even if I was healthy enough to pull an all-nighter to get the dress done (which I'm not,) there's still no way I was gonna be able to get this dress done in time for Thursday. So I fired off an email to the woman organizing the event. I explained that I overshot on my design (Whiz politely called it 'ambitious' when she saw it this evening,) and undershot on how long it would take me to complete it. Could I please please please turn it in on Monday, or at least Friday? I'd already invested about 70-ish hours into this thing; it'd be such a waste...

She was very gracious and said Monday would be fine. Hell, she didn't even demand my first-born! (dammit.) The good thing is, I've got several additional days to work on this! The bad thing is, I've got to keep working on this dress for several more days. (dammit.) Damn, I am *so* tired of looking at this thing and having it take over my life. Husband has been in San Diego all week; have I been trolling bars looking for under-age sex? Nooooo. I've been at home sewing and watching bad 90's movies for company (dammit.)

But on the other hand, for as slowly as its going, and the fact that I'm still unsure about my color scheme, the parts that are finished are coming together incredibly well. I must be doing something right. The 3 or so folks who've seen it so far have been duly impressed, if not fairly amazed. I have this fear that something is going to go horribly, irreparably wrong at the very end and I'll be screwed, but until then, I'll just keep poking at it. In fact, I should head back now.

'Cause I'm-a working in a coal mine.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home