Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Milestone of Fear

So, I have officially completed the 'construction' phase, and am ready to begin the 'assembly' stage. Well, maybe saying I'm ready is a gross understatement -- I'm terrified I'm gonna fuck something up. Connecting the skirt to the waist is not just simple straight seams; c'mon, this is *me* we're talking about here. The waistband of the skirt needs to be cut into a VERY SPECIFIC shape before being attached, and that's what scares me. Once this is cut, there's nothing I can do if it gets screwed up. Hell, I've even gone so far as to start considering alternatives for attaching the waist that don't involve cutting.

Sigh.

Other than being paralyzed by fear, its coming together *so* well (knock, knock.) In between guffaws, Husband is very impessed. Mags is being very cooperative and is occupying herself (with some help from Husband.) Still fighting the urge to just stop. Watch a movie. Read a book. Sleep. Bathe. ANYTHING besides this dress. Must...stay...on...target...

Ok, fingers crossed, here's the rest of the schedule:

Today: panic
Later today: attach skirt to waistband, waistband to top (in that order.)
Super Dress Sunday: lining, zipper, hem?
Monday: details (fix sequins, hem sleeves), photograph and take to SF

Dear Universe, we're still tight, right? You got my back on this one? Please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home