Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

It Came to Me Like a Bolt of, Err...

There are many things one should not do while tired. Drive. Sign contracts. Juggle sharp things. Operate heavy machinery. Sew.

Yes, its true: sewing while tired is just a recipe for making incredibly stupid mistakes. All I had to do was sew two pieces of fabric together to make a long tube, and then fold over one edge to make a casing for some elastic. That's it. We are talking two rectangles and three seams.

Couldn't do it. Just. Too. Spacey.

While my boss snickered at me, I grumbled, "Goddamit, I'm smarter than a bolt of fabric." And then a little light bulb came on. Smarter than a bolt of fabric. Faster than a bolt of fabric! Stronger than a bolt of fabric!! Visions of Superman swooped through my head as the idea expanded. Eureka!

Wait, you look confused. Didn't you read my mind for the part of the story where I have been meaning to make business cards for myself and have been trying to come up with a catchy/crafty logo and image to stick on there? (Really, what kind of friend are you?)

So, I'm gonna play with this idea for a while; not sure which variation on that theme I'm gonna run with. (Frankly, today the most fitting one would be 'sleepier than a bolt of fabric'. But while true, that's not quite the message I'm trying to get across.) And also, would it be too strange to have something like that be my business card if I was handing it out for photography as well?

I'd love some feedback/suggestions/alternate ideas from any of you folks. No idea is too great to not be ignored!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home