Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sabotage!

I've really got to stop shooting myself in the foot. I'm running out of things to keep myself from falling over.

I was supposed to do a DJ set at the annual RS event in Willits last year, but do to an unfortunate brain tumor, could not attend, much less spin. I was tres tres disappointed. I even had an idea involving air cannons to make the set even more fun (idea girl!) In fact, I was so set on the idea, I've spent the last year waiting for the opportunity to roll around again so I could carry it out. I pinged the guy who's coordinating the whole thing this year months ago to start the ball rolling. He couldn't promise anything, but asks me to check back in mid-May.

So what do I do?

Get nervous and not only not ping him on my own, but wait until two weeks after he sends out an email asking for DJs to spin this year before responding. Surprise! He forgot I asked, all the slots are filled, he'd feel bad about bumping someone, but he'll keep me in mind if there are any cancellations. Totally fair on his part, far as I can tell. Doesn't mean I'm still not crushed.

Jesus, I'm such a fuck-up sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home