Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It *Is* Me, Isn't it?

Ok, so I've got someone in my life with whom I have a historically rocky relationship. And in the same thread, this person has told me that they are often uncomfortable talking with me on the phone. Well, ok, not what I really want to hear, but I figure its jsut the way our relationship goes, so oh well.

But today I had someone else show a lack of interest of talking to me and tell me that there's a tension when we speak speak on the phone. Now all I can think is, fuck, it *is* me. Can't just chalk that up to a particulular person's peculiarities anymore, can I?

Goddamnit.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

Ok, so granted we haven't talked on the phone ~all~ that often, but when we do I never think it's awkward or bad.

You can't make any sort of basis like that with a person you already have a rocky relationship with. So that makes the other one the first "real" case. Which still doesn't make a case. So there.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two data points is not a trend.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could also be that that other person doesn't like talking on the phone and makes it about you instead of him/her as defensive mechanism.

personally, i hate talking on the phone. I lose about 90% of the byplay I get in person-to-person talking, so I get grumpy if I have to talk long time on phone, unless it is parents, who I know well enough to fill in that 90%.

if person were a good friend, that person could choose to say what makes him/her uncomfortable - subject matter, tone, etc. so you could either blow it off as ain't gonna change, or change if you felt like it.

Saying he/she is uncomfortable is a copout.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that one is from me, kt. hating on the comment interface.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home