Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Pick a Card, Any Card

On a whim, I approached an artist that was at a meeting we both attended last night. He makes sculptures via sewing, and I nonchalantly asked him if he ever needed help with the sewing part of it. Amazingly, his face lit up and he said "Yes!" Would you believe, we exchanged business cards and everything! I was shocked! (and very glad I still had a card left in my wallet.) Hell, half the point of approaching him was just to work on my social confindence, and I may have actually landed a (very small) job. Cool!

In other card news, I was rooting around in my Tar-get special wallet yesterday and stumbled across my FAA A&P (mechanics) license. Had completely forgotten it was on my person , as my pilot's licence does not seem to be. Got a little rush of "Oh yeah, that was cool and I kick ASS!" Also sort of mentally revisited aviation as an interest and confirmed that that is not what I want to do at this point in my life. Still keeping the license in my wallet, though. :)

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay you chatted S up!
kt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home