Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Now THAT'S Tired

So I've been keeping up with the acupuncture thing in hopes that it is helping sensation return to my moutrh/lips/chin. There's been some small improvement in that department, athough I'm not sure if its normal or if the acupuncture is helping. Regardless, I continue to go. If nothing else, I always get a nap out of the deal.

I have come to find acupuncture oddly relaxing. Sure, There's some adrenalin when the needles first go in - and I think that's way more nerves than any actual discomfort - but after that you're laid out on the table, legs slightly elevated, heating lamp to make sure you don't get cool, a darkened room and a towel over your eyes -- Combine this with my old and barely-improved-at-all sleep schedule, and voila! One comatose mama.

Case in point: last week I had fallen asleep as usual. I actually caught myself waking up because I couldn't breathe, but also as usual I was still very groggy and tried immediately to sink into sleep. That is, after I tried to roll over.

Remember where I am? The acupuncturist. Remember what he's working on? My fa---

Any vestiges of sleep immediately evaporated as the pillow pressed the needles deeper into my skin. Moving very carefully, I rolled back onto my back. I did a quick mental assesment to see how I felt: paralyzed? No. Blind? No. Pierced tongue? Negative. Soiled pants? Check.

Amazingly enough, I fell back asleep yet again. I'm going back in for another appointment this afternoon -- I went for about an hour long walk today and I of course have my usual constant fatigue from sleeping like ass, so chances are I'll be snoozing yet again. Note to self - do NOT roll over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home