Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Quiet

Just wanted to sent out a quick post to everyone to let them know I'm not dead (that goes double for those of you that ahave emailed me directly to chat.) Long story short Ive been having incredible problems with RSI/whatever in both my hands/arms, and being at the computer for more than, say 10 minuees at a time is immediate pain in my fingers, hands forearms, elbows and even my shoulders. Seeing as I use my hansd for my livelihood (or hope to once my career really takes off,) I need to nip this problem in the bud ASAP so I don't permanentally damage myself even more than I have. Still need to makle doctors appointment.

Super quick update in the meantime:

* got sewing gig in Oct/Nov in MA; hooray!
* Mags graduated from preschool and starts kindergarten in Sept.
* I have figured out that all of those migraines I get are menstration-related, and now I oddly look forward to PMS because that's when they STOP
* I am dj-ing this Friday and am wildly underprepared
* visit with mom went really well
* got a new haircut
* am the decorations lead for a 500 person campout in July
* have been hired to make a bellydancing outfit and a burlesque outfit
* dj gig, bellydancing outfit, burlesque outfit and decorations all due in next 4 weeks. Pants crapping has begun
* still like my therapist, and is nice to know I am not the only 'broken' person out there
* garden is doing well, except for chard which is either completely dead or you can actually grow as pre-wilted salad

I'm still lurking in everyone else's blog and appreciate folks understanding about my new and exciting medical condition. Kisses!

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Three Eyed Toad said...

Sign me up for a copy of your set! (Assuming recording gear will be in place.) What genre/tempo are you spinning, if I may ask?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger mama pajama said...

I'm spinning 'chill', which it turns out I have almost none of. I'm on from 10-12 before the cemeony, which is basically when everyone is walking around talking anyhow, so I'm probably just going to to do some slow, big band-y, ballroom-y type stuff from the 30's/40's.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Traveling Em said...

How'd it go with the big band stuff? Congrats on sewing gig in MA! Sweet. Hope to see you this summer if only for a day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home