Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day of Rest

Gave myself the day off yesterday. Actually, to be more correct, I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. And to show how genuinely sick I was, with the exception of a 10 minute cry-fest in the morning, I didn't even feel guilty! Me! I must be near death...

Lots of coughing (sometimes to the point of gagging,) day-glo boogers, aches all over, sinus pain behind my EYEBROWS, and a slight fever. Did I mention everything but the coughing started after I started a course in antibiotics? Ihjad also been given an inhaler to help the cough ( I was getting tight chest/athsma like symptoms.) And it did help -- when I didn't lopse the inhaler itself. Le sigh.

Funny story: Husband and Mags had to go out yesterday evening, and I entertained myself in front of the tv. Grabbed some applesauce out of the fridge at one point. When they came home, the first thing Husband did was walk to the kitchen. "Aha", he said, "tat's why the house reeks of gas. Two of the burners of the stove were on."

"The house smells like gas? I totally can't tell! Oh. Maybe that's why I have a screaming headache, too."

"Umm, yeah, maybe."

So, I'm not sure how the gas got turned on. I definitely didn't try to cook anything, and the only thing I can think of is that I bumped not one but TWO knobs somehow when I got that applesauce. And by funny story, I mean I almost killed myself on accident. Ha! Hahahaha!

Not sure how today is going to go. I want nothing more than to spend the day in bed, but am feeling a bit panicked about how much stuff I need to get done. As it was I had to cancel a friend's photo shoot at her dance perforrmance (guilt!) Now I'm considering canceling my dj spot this weekend because tonight is the only night I can practicve on a pair of decks, and I don't have a set mad eyetr, and like I said, just want to lay down all day. Urg.

Think I will sleep til noon and see what happens after that. Wish me luck. Oh, and doctor's apopt tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home