Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

In Other News

* I finally renewed my drivers licence, which had expired in *cough* January *cough*. And for having my new mug on it, its...not a terrible picture. If anything it sort of looks like a regular old mediocre DMV photo, and not hey-whats-wrong-with-her-face?

* I have been hitting the doctors offices again. Saw the allergist and got poked one hundred and twenty times (I took a photo!) Turns out I am allergic to most grasses and one tree, but nothing that should obviously be interfering with my sleep. Got a GP who gave me meds for my bronchitus (including an inhaler, which is my new best friend,) a referral to a neurologist for the burning in my hands and wrists, some paperwork to get my thyroid checked out, and poked at a lump in my abdomen (should be surgically removed at some point as it will just get bigger, but does not have to happen any time soon.) I also saw the sleep speciallist who broached the idea that I may actually need to go back on - or should at least try - being back on the CPAP. To which I promptly burst into tears all over her, and Mags -who had been dragged along on the appointment - crawled into my lap top try and make me feel better. That's all I'm going to really say about that right now. Denial is a fabulous thing.

* My DJ set several Friday nights ago went fine. Not great, not horrible. I ended up not doing the big band stuff as I just didn't have enough. Pieced together some other stuff. Mostly, I was just really tired, and was counting the minutes until it was over. Not my favorite genge either. However, I have been tapped to spin a poolside set at a big campiut for the same group in two weeks. I get to play fun, upbeat stuff, and its not a time of day when I would normally need to be sleeping, which is extra bonus good!

*I have been getting audio books from the library on a suggestion from my therapist that my mood might improve if my brain was distracted more, say, while I sit alone doing brainless sewing work. At first I kind of turned up my nose - audio books are for cheaters! But then I realized a) I hardly ever have/make time to read and b) really, I love good stories regardless of how I absorb them. And its been pretty good so far. I just finished a Bill Bryson book (surprise!) "A Short History of Nearly Everything, I believe. Fan-fucking-tastic, and I never would've finished the actual book (I tried.) And yes, it was also fan-fucking-tastic to not get spooled up about whatever problem du jour my brain had chosen for those days. The library doesn't have the best selection, but its a start. I also grabbed something ridiculous like 10 cds worth of kid stories in hopes that Mags will like some of the stories while we drive around. Do 5 year olds like Edgar Allan Poe? (kidding!! ) I'm currently slurping everything up onto my iPod so that I can return all these disks TODAY and avoid a $300 fine.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Three Eyed Toad said...

Well, if I can't have a copy of the last set, can I have a recording of the poolside set? Pwease?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home