Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Baked gingerbread toddler, anyone?


Oh. My. God. Mags was such a nightmare yesterday. Woke up whiny and bossy, and really did not let up all day. Combined with my PMS yesterday, things were ugly in our neighborhood. Husband was a real trooper, fielding Mags when I really was ready to do bodily harm, and I think he really did get that none of it was directed at him. Which is a good thing, 'cause I try to keep my body count down to one a day, thank you so much.

And no (sigh), there was no bodily harm performed yesterday, as much as I wanted to. We've got the whole 'no spanking' household, which I'm glad of, but there are some days where your hand just starts to involuntarily twitch and you seriously start to doubt that decision, especially when all the talking and reasoning in the world is not working and your daughter's legs seem to be broken and she can't walk to the end of the driveway without bursting into tears 4 times and you really just want to go to the restaurant and no really I'm not going to carry you and does it really have to take 30 minutes to walk 4 blocks and hey I think our daughter will fit in this mailbox! Seriously. I was walking down the sidewalk, snarling and spitting with the hair down my neck and back was standing on end, and all I could think of was that I suddenly had my own Gretl (that Hansel, he's so hot right now...) and I was the evil witch except this time the story was going to end differently and I was going to beat Gretl to the punch and push her into the oven instead, mwahahahahaha! Eat your heart out, Grimm Brothers!

Which I didn't do. Meh. But I did eat a cookie when we got home, which was nice.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean "no spanking for toddlers household", right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home