Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Giddy, Gleeful, Glowing, Gloating

i (heart) my creative writing class so FUCKING MUCH. god DAMN!

oh, sure, it doesn't hurt that I am KICKING ASS up, down and sideways. It doesn't hurt that the teacher interrupts my small group to gasp with pleasure at my homework. It doesn't hurt that he writes things on my returned assignments like "stunning - and this is the first time teaching CW at [college] that i have described a student's work as stunning" and "best in class" and "with your permission I'd like to use copies of this to hand out as examples in future classes, as well as post it to the liberal studies board (for other instuctors to see)".

No, it does not hurt at all.

I'm not even touching my chair right now - i'm floating above it. As we left for break right now, my teacher actualle ended up in the same stairwell as I did. No, he did not push me up against the wall, overcome with desire to make out with my flowery tongue. Even better! He told me that he enjoys my writing immensley, he thinks i am incredibly talented, and unlike most of the work he sees as a teacher, when he reads my stuff, he thinks to himself that this is something he would read outside of the classroom. Like for FUN. And we're talking about POETRY here!!

Giddy is the word; I confessed to him that I had to restrain myself from jumping up and doing an ecxtatic happy dance in the middle of last class when he gave back the homework. As it was, I nearly exploded all over the place in a sticky, drippy joyous mess. Some quick plastic surgery has hit the marks where my grin split my face in two.

My ego has officially reached Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade proportions. I feel like going home and knocking Mags' art off the fridge so I can display my homework. It's no wonder I have to restrain myself from barging into class every week, demanding 'No, read mine first!' I think I'm going to buy a gold-plated thesarus. No, really. Because apparently it has given me the Midas touch, bay-bee!

Dude. My hands are shaking.

A last note: in fairness, i get critisicm from him as well. he does not sing my praises in front of anyone else, he is very vocal in praise to everyone, and is a very fair grader (I'm not thrilled about it, but I've gotten a zero and a C on two of my quizzes so far. No favoritism here. Meh.) And my grade'll get docked if I don't head back to class pronto, so I must away.

My pen and paper! They call to me!

Bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home