Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Barfy

Dunno what happened yesterday, but I felt like ass for most of the late afternoon and all of last night. Truth be told, I'm not feeling over it yet this morning either. Food poisoning maybe? Definitely nauseated. Spent most of the time chewing on Rolaids, slurping down either ginger ale or Pepto Bismal, and being able to consume nothing but saltines.

My lunch tried to come up a few times over the course of the evening. I must admit, even typing 'organic vegetarian chili' now kind of triggers my gag reflex. I made Husband hide all of the other cans of you-know-what so I won't even have to look at them. Gross. All that textured protein product...and those beans...excuse me.....

The only non-food poisoning reasining I can come up with (other than sympathy nausea for Mer) is that I started back on anti-depressants yesterday. I've been off of them since spring - about 6 months - so maybe I need to be more gentle in my building back up with these meds. Just too much of a good thing all at once. I'm still leaning toward poisoning, though. Nausea to me is something that kind of stays around your tummy, and I can kind of feel whatever I have slowly moving its way into my intestines and other points south.

Husband has been trying to be helpy, but really, there's not a lot he can do. I don't mean because its just something my system needs to work through on his own; no, I'm refering to the fact that he managed to get poison oak in his ass crack at the ranch this past weekend, and walking is, shall we say, fairly uncomfortable for him right now. Luckily, even after I pants-ed him twice, our neighbor Juan ran to the grocery store and got me more g. ale and saltines. Nice man. I repaid him by forcing him to watch the Muppets Wizard of Oz with me and Husband afterwards (dude, if you need to be distracted with brainless silliness, this is the way to go.)

I forsee a lot of sitting around and not doing much except keeping my lunch down today. Muppets, anyone?

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! Also, tell husband to stop using poison ivy as TP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home