Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Results Are In!

Well, it only took a MONTH, but I finally got the results back from my latest sleep study. And I am pleased to announce -- that I still sleep like shit. :)


This time I slept for a whopping 6.5 hours, wearing the test CPAP and no sleep medication:

* I woke up 17 times (up from 9 last time)
* I stopped breathing 70 times (down from 130-something last time)
* The average time for not breathing was 24 seconds (previously only 13) and the longest I stopped breathing for was 63 seconds (previously a wimpy 30 seconds.)
* Stage 3 sleep shot up to 29 minutes from the previous 16 and
* Ta-daa! I got 4 whole minutes of Stage 4 sleep!! 400% more than last time!

So, kind of a mixed bag. But, I have my diagnosis and my prescription in hand, so I finally get to go out and get my machine! Saints be praised. Now, I just have to wait for the machine to be approved by insurance. Maybe it'll happen really really fast! I'm sure *that* won't take any time! I'll just sit here holding my breath -- oh wait, I already do that. In my sleep, no less. ;)

Until then, sleepily yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home