Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sewing Project du Jour

A certain little girl is going to start (God help us) ballet and tap lessons tomorrow, so I thought it'd be a fun project to make her a leotard to wear. We went shopping for the fabric together (hence the pink) and I threw it together this afternoon. It wasn't a super difficult project, and should have only taken me about an hour to do. HOWEVER, I f***ed up the threading on the serger and that took - no lie - almost 3 hours to rethread. Truly, at one point I had lifted the thing and was prepared - nay, EAGER - to throw it will all my might on to the pavement, but somehow restrained myself. I also briefly considered stapling the leotard together during this dark hour. Good thing the serger finally behaved.


There's a few things I'd do differently next time, and a few imperfections on this one, and I'm not 100% certain it's actually gonna fit her. But other than that, she should love it!! And if not, screw her!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home