Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That Didn't Work At All

Mags and I did some shopping at Target the other day. We were in need of a birthday gift for a friend of hers. I figured that picking out a gift would be a snap. I mean, isn't taking a three year old to the toy section the toddler equivalent of walking down the beach with a metal detector?

Turned out not to be the case. Not once did she beep loudly, blink brightly, or exclaim that "That toy is really cool, Mama!" Apparently the lollypop I gave her just before entering the store totally shorted all of her circuits. Dammit.

I am once again super appreciative of the fact that my kid doesn't expect/demand a toy when we go to the store. Just, y'know, coulda used a little help on this one. :)

We went home empty-handed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home