Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Stood Up

Got my informational interview out of the way Friday morning. I think it went pretty well. At the very least, I got a lot of ooohs and aahhs over the wig and hat I brought in as visual aides. The obviously-drawn-and-crappy-last-minute chart I drew outlining positions inside the costume shop? Not so much. (shrug.)

Best part about it is the fact that I never did my information interview prior to the speech and I still did fine. Oh, I definitely tried to line on eup, don't get me wrong, but it did not go smoothly. The Opera never called me back, and about a week before the speech I realized they weren't going to either and I had to find someone else to do it. There's a theater in Palo Alto I'm going to apply for an internship at, and while I didn't want to mix the two, I put in an email to the director seeing if there was someone who could help me. She hooked me up with a woman who agreed to do it via email (she was very busy) and would have them to me by Thursday night.

[crickets]

So! Friday night I busted my ass coming up with the info on the interwebs, and did pretty good. Only about a 5-10% BS rate. I was also able to hand over the email dialogue to my teacher, outlining the fact that I got shined, and would she please take that into consideration? I think she'll probably take that into consideration.

Mostly I'm just glad its done. Everyone else in class has to do it the last day of class, when we also have a final project due. No doubling up for me, thanks. Lets spread this out as much as we can.

Oh, and that woman? Called me as I was driving home from class Friday afternoon. She'd gotten totally swamped with a last minute photoshoot at the theater and just did not have time. The answered questions were in my email waiting for me when I got home. I forwarded them right off to my teacher. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home