Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weddings and Dresses

Mags and I are off to MKE in about two weeks for my cousin's wedding (this would also be the cousin who's mother, my aunt, is giving me the silent treatment about the dress, although I've pretty much just let that go. Or at least resigned myself to occasionally mentally flipping her off.) I am of course loking forward to seeing my cousin get hitched, and it'll be nice to see my family again. Mags, on the other hand, is starting to vibrate out of her skin because she will finally get to wear the fancy 'princess' dress that's been kept out of her reach in the closet for months. Yes, Mags is going to be the flower girl and she is STOKED, albeit still kind of unclear on what's going on in the bigger picture.


Unlike my daughter, I am still in need of a dress. I had bought a dress to wear to Red's wedding back in May, and while nice, I found that it was just a teeensy bit to short for doing anything except sitting. In a non-windy area. So I'll have to get on that.

In a similar vein, a woman I don't know posted an email to a chat list Husband and I are both on frequent saying she needed a dressmaker. Initially I just deleted it - she wouldn't possibly pick me out of all of the people on this list who sew and are probably calling her as we speak! - but then Husband forwarded the email to me as well to make sure I'd seen it. He didn't say or do anything more than that, but it was enough to make me realize I was letting my fear stop me again. So, not expecting much, I sent her an email with my price and some pix from Red's dress, and kind of forgot about it.


Looks like I'm gonna be busy for the next 6 weeks making her wedding dress. :)


Ironically enough, the reason she's looking for a dressmaker is because her mom is no loger able to do it for her. You see, her mom lives out of state, and they'd not been able to get enough done while she'd visited her mom the last time, and it would've been too difficult to try and do long distance fittings and finish the dress from afar. Gee, where have I heard that before?


Thank you, Universe, for closing the circle on that one.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet!!! You'll be the Vera Wang of the funky/cool set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home