Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Good News! (Kinda...)

Last week I applied for another small, temporary sewing gig on Craigslist. I didn't hear anything back, and as the post was almost a week old when I found it, I wasn't terribly surprised.

However, I got an email back today. Apparently, my resume is perfect! Great! And also apparently, the position has already been filled. Not so great. But, the guy said he'd save my resume for the next job coming up in August. So at least I've got that going for me.

Also, there's an upcoming event this March with a local community I belong to (you know who you are, hippies!) that I have volunteered to work a position for that - how sad - requires me to be in costume. Guess I'll have to get myself in gear and bang something out then, won't I? You know, for the portfolio. (Definitely not for any kind of personal satisfaction in being able to dress up or use a weak excuse to go shopping. No. NEVER.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home