Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Job Hunting

Well, like nearly 10% of our population, I too am looking for a job. 1) to make moohlah, 2) to get experience, and 3) to-get-myself-out-of-the-fucking-house-before-I-kill-again!! (pant, pant, pant) But I'm stuck. True, there aren't a lot of folks looking for costume stitchers right now, but I still can't seem to send out resumes because of the Dreaded Cover Letter.

Boy, am I bad at these. I have sort of a generic one I made in one of my pretend classes at school, and it's ok, but it still reads very stiff. And right now, I'm trying to apply to a job that has no actual openings. How in the hell do you write a cover letter for a company that isn't actually hiring without sounding like you're begging?!? Plus, it was suggested to me that I apply to this job by someone who used to work there, so then there's the delicate game of, well, name dropping, for lack of a better term. Now I'm old enough to finally get that many if not most jobs are acquired through who you know, but it still makes me uncomfortable. Just not my personality at all.

So, I've got Husband on the line and he is proof reading for me. I've been dragging my feet for weeks now, and I really just need to get this sent off if its gong to happen. Figers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home