Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Librarians are Fine People

I dashed into the library today while on an errand running-burst to pay a late fee I knew was simmering there.

"Can I help you?"
"Yes, I have a fine to pay." Library card exchanges hands. A pause.
"That'll be $83.50"

For the record, the New Webster's dictionary does not make such a fantastic tome for fanning a prone person. For starters, its weight makes it very hard on the wrists when swinging back and forth, and secondly it tends to cause a nervous reaction when hovering a mere 4" above the face of someone who is only just returning to the conscious masses.

Whether out of kindness or an attempt to avoid a lawsuit, the kindly librarian reduced the charge down to a mere $40, as I had in fact returned all of the materials. Rising unsteadily to my feet, I recalled why number of purchases on Amazon.com had been so abundant in the past. Its just cheaper for me to flat out buy things than have to pay said ridiculous - if not self-inflicted - fees.

P.S. Title pun not intended, but I'm feeling pretty witty regardless.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah! love the imagery of you being fanned with a dictionary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home