Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Finished a Costume Today


I'm too tired to scan the illustration right this second, but its a perfect match, if I do say so myself.
Funny thing about costume construction; you assemble it so that it can be easily disassembled (for alterations.) Part of my brain is really screaming about the non-couture-ness of the whole thing, and I probably could throw in an shortcut or two for speed, but I am trying to do everything the way I was instructed on at my last gig. I heard a lot of "When I worked at the [theater name], we did it like this," comments, which far from being irritaed by I gobbled up like mad. (Being taught how to do it as if being in a professional costume shop is a-ok in my book!) I'm hoping it'll just become habit from now on, and I can transfer those skills to some nameless, unknown shop in my future.
Just looked at the dress again. Lest I tempt the fates, I'm feeling pretty smug about how well it turned out. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home