Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm only *slightly* OCD

I am having to fight every screaming nerve in my body right now. Mags is sitting across the table from me, gleefully playing with her Play-Doh. And what's killing me is that she's using more than one color at a time. Do you know what this means? Can you possibly grasp the importance of this event?!? That means the colors are going to get mixed! Oh, the horror! Oh, the humanity!

I am trying so hard to let Mags play and not have there be a 'right' way or a 'wrong' way. But seriously, I am grinding my teeth together to keep myself from leaping across the table and performing surgery on the ever-entwined ball of greying Play-Doh that is growing. Ok, I'll be honest -- it's not even hit the grey stage yet. That's just me imaginig the worst case Play-Doh scenario. You heard me right - worst case scenario. As if more proof was needed to show how off my rocker I can be at times.

And really, the only reason I agreed to open multiple colors was because we're on vacation, and somehow or another Mags got two completely new sets of the stuff as gifts while here. My reasoning was that if they got too mixed - and here's where it goes beyond ridiculous - I could just throw them away. No, really! Because as a 2 year old, Mags could not POSSIBLY deal with mixed Play-Doh. No! I am saving her from a toddlers fate worse than having her hair washed! Or possibly even combed!

Somewhere, Mr. Bill is laughing at me hysterically. I'm going to have to go do a Google search on 'control issues'....

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so confused. What's so bad about mixed playdoh that you'd have to throw it away! It makes that nice swirly effect...

But you're serious! It really bothers you! OMG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home