Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Here's what it looks like

This is a quick and dirty sketch of what my finished SVdP outfit is *supposed* to look like. I'll be curious to see what actually happens. Definitely not glamorous, but still dressy, I thought. And hopefully a lot more likely to sell if it can actually be worn day-to-day.

The top part - striped and solid brown - are knit, made from old turtlenecks. Its going to have a cowl neckline in the front; that's not just an inability to draw straight lines, btw. The small triangle panel is also the knit, but will have some sort of woven fabric behind it for stability. The sides of the skirt are (so far) going to be part of a wool coat I grabbed. I'm pretty sure i'm not going to have enough, so I'll probably be stopping back to pick up more supplies tomorrow. The orange-ish trim is actually going to be leather strips from a destroyed coat I got, and the dark brown underskirt? I dunno what I'm going to use for that. I just know that's the color I'm aiming for. Again, more 'shopping' tomorrow.

I've started draping the outfit onto the manequin at school, and hope to finish it tomorrow. Then I can actually start sewing this weekend (fingers crossed.)

Oh, and I'm going to see about getting a headless model for the show as well, to keep with the whole 'look' of my drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home