Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pins and Needles

Only 2 days to go on my SVdP dress!

I'm sure this is gonna require a late/all-nighter on Wednesday evening, but will actually get done and turned in on Thursday! I got my draping done, transfered into a pattern, a muslin )mock up) sewn and fitted, pattern changes made, and the fabric actually cut out! My hope is that today, I can get all of the pieces sewn together, and tomorrow put in the zipper and the lining. Not an unrealistic set of goals, I think -- except that all of my sewing goals end up being unrealistic (rolls eyes.)

There've been a few changes: its now sleeveless- partially for time management but also because I think it looks better sans sleeves; the small waist triangle is going to be the same color as the rest of the skirt; there's no underskirt anymore, but instead its a chocolate brown panel sewn on (the skirt hangs better; and in order to have enough wool from the coat i was using, i had to incorporate the pockets into the skirt. That's the change I'm most curious about. It's like sewing in the dark -- how will this turn out?

I'll try and take some pix today of work in progress. Off to school! :)

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger zombiegrrrl said...

That's freaking coool!!! YOU GO!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home