Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh, And I Forgot to Mention...

In my latest flurry of trying to prostitute myself out for work, I realized I could add the current design gig to my resume. In doing so, in order to prevent it from being more than just one page, I had to take out almost all references to aviation. My resume is now almost 100% sewing, for the first time in my life. Feeling pretty tickled about that. Really, when I reach the point where other sewing stuff starts to fall off the resume, I'll know I've arrived. :)

And I'm not kidding about the prostitution part, either. There's not a lot happening sewing wise in the Bay Area right now (or I'm just missing it, which I doubt,) so I'm casting my net pretty far, as long as they are short-term gigs. Still really bummed the Tahoe thing didn't pan out, missed a job in Fargo, ND which sounded not too terrible (aside form being in Fargo, ND,) and just Priority Mailed a resume and a mini-portfolio off to Great Falls, MT for a fairly sweet job. That one'd be as a designer again, as opposed to just beig a stitcher, which I would gladly take too (in case you're paynig attention, Universe...) Don't get me wrong; I'm trying for more metropolitan areas as well. Have put in applications in the Dallas, Boston, and DC areas to boot. Of course, as I am getting these postings off of a national website, so are 4000 of my closest friends. You know, the ones who aren't in Fargo or Great Falls.

Keep your fingers crossed that I land *something* for the summer. And actually, I've never been to Montana, and I hear its beautiful there. Big Sky Country and all that. That, and I've always wanted a pair of real cowboy boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home