Staring Down the Barrel of a (Hot Glue) Gun

Sometimes your mind can be so open that your brain falls out.

Monday, March 24, 2008

I Rememebr One Time...

The only brush with a celebrity I've had (or, at least that I can recall.)


Back in the Jurassic period, I lived in San Francisco. More specifically, I was living just off of Market Street with J&E, about halfway between downtown and Castro (if you are familiar, think The Mint.)

Anyhow, I had plans one evening to hang out with Bunji, and together we had plans to head up to the Castro to hang out with *his* friend Scott (and yes, all the characters in this particular story are quite gay.) Now Scott split his time between SF and LA; he was trying to break into the entertainment business, dontcha know? And amazingly, he'd made a few contacts/friends and one of them was in town. Would we mind hanging out with *his* friend Scott? Sure! No problem! Let's all meet at Bunji's place.

Now, I can't honestly recall if I knew in advance who Scott 2 was, or if I found out after getting to Bunji's place. But I ended up spending the evening with Scott Thompson from The Kids in the Hall. The four of us flounced into Cafe Flor (ah, my fag hag days....) and had quite tasty food, if I recall correctly. It wasn't a huge deal to be sitting across the table from Scott 2; in fact he was quite normal and down to earth and all that other crap you hear about celebrities. But it was still kind of a thrill. OMG! TKiTH! I touched someone from TKiTH! Ok, not my favorite Kid, but still!
And then about halfway through dinner, I don't remember much about Scott Thompson at all. In fact, I could no longer hold up my fork. Oh, did I forget to mention? I also got quite stoned with Scott Thompson from The Kids in The Hall. Yep, before we headed to the restaurant, the boys lit up. Not being a smoker, I enjoyed mine with peanut butter and (too many) crackers (and yes, everything does taste better when it sits on a Ritz!) One of my first experiences with Wacky Tobacc-y, and a learning one to boot.
I'm assuming we left the restaurant, because I recall walking home. I also recall having to concentrate like mad to get my feet to keep moving one in front of the other (I kept grinding to a halt otherwise), aaaand there's a good possibility I didn't just imagine that forward and back swaying motion while I walked. And then I got home and typed embarrasing emails to people I knew.
So, there you have it. My brush with fame, and at least one lampost. The end.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this one of the good fabulous memories? sounds like it!

I would love to read whatever you would write about flying and being a mechanic a little bit, sometime. It seems so fucking cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home